World’s first 3d Endoscopic Glaucoma,Cataract & Retina Centre is Best Eye Hospital
KNOW EVERY THING ABOUT Glaucoma
Glaucoma is a “silent killer” like Diabetic Retinopathy. In most cases it begins un-noticeably and damages the eyes without any sign or symptom till it is very late. This is the reason that awareness about glaucoma and its treatment is important to prevent this blinding disease. There is a great need for a screening device that is noninvasive and can be used easily with most advanced features to diagnose disease in early phase so that Disease can be treated efficiently.Most advanced and latest 3 – D Screening Technology in the world are available . It gives us immense pleasure to announce the Installation of INTRAOCULAR MICROSCOPY – 3d Glaucoma Analysis & 3d Endoscope with Laser delivering system .3D Endoscopy with laser delivery surgery system all in one brings numerous advantages to all kind of patients with any retinal disease, Dislocated IOL, Nucleus drop ,Glaucoma (failed trab or ahmed valve/uncontrollable IOP) & ocular trauma even in irrespective of hazy media with excellent outcome.
Best treatment for glaucoma is 3d Endoscopic Cyclo photocoagulation ( ECP)
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of disorders in which [I.O.P] intra-ocular pressure (I.O.P maintains the shape of the eye ) is raised above the normal value (11 – 21 mm Hg) in the affected eye , resulting in a damage to the optic nerve head & irreversible visual field defects.
Can glaucoma can occur in children?
Glaucoma can occur even in young children and infants (Developmental/Congenital Glaucoma). Occurring before the age of 3 years it is called Congenital Glaucoma. Between the age of 3 and 30-35 years it is called Juvenile Glaucoma.
What are the signs & symptoms?
Some individuals may notice field defects (inability to see certain areas of the field of vision). Usually this type of glaucoma is diagnosed on examination by an eye specialist. Patient with very high I.O.P may complain of occasional colored rings (haloes) around lights due to transient corneal epithelial oedema.
How glaucoma can lead to blindness?
Increase in pressure in the eye leads to resistance to flow of blood into the eye leading to damage to the optic nerve head which carries the images to the brain. First it leads to some area of loss of visual field (the extent of surrounding visible to any one eye). This painless field loss progresses gradually till the eye is completely blind.
How to diagnose Glaucoma ?
There is a great need for a screening device that is noninvasive and can be used easily with most advanced features to diagnose disease in early phase so that Disease can be treated efficiently.Most advanced and latest 3 – D Screening Technologies are available .Early Glaucoma can be diagnosed by following test:
- 3D Retinal nerve fiber layer ( RNFL) Scanner; RNFL trend Analysis, 3d GLA Analysis; Optic Nerve Head / Disc: Scan; Disc:Circle Scan;
- Angle of Anterior chamber of the eye are potentially useful in the early diagnosis of glaucoma and the early detection of glaucomatous progression which are available .
- 3d Wide Glaucoma Analysis
- Intra-ocular Pressure [I.O.P] or Eye PressureIn low tension or normal tension glaucoma the pressure may never be higher than normal range.
- Gonioscopy: It’s method by which one can assess the angle of anterior chamber of the eye. It helps in diagnosing the type of glaucoma or even the vulnerability of the person to have attacks of angle closure glaucoma.
- Visual Fields: It measures the “area of vision”&, the sensitivity of each point in this area of a single eye.
- In this test patient is shown light targets of various sizes and brightness and note is made of the area where the patient can see this. The data thus collected , analyzed & compared with data of normal population.Glaucoma gives rise to characteristic field defects & progress in a peculiar manner.
Can Glaucoma be treated?
Glaucoma can be treated but the damage done by it cannot be reversed. But further damage to the eye by glaucoma can be stopped. It is advisable to go for early /routine checkup for 3d Glaucoma Analysis .The treatment for glaucoma includes: Drugs :Initial therapy. Laser Operation Laser trabeculoplasty Surgeries: Goniotomy,Trabeculotomy,Trabeculectomy, Glaucoma drainage devices. BUT BEST TREATMENT FOR GLAUCOMA IS 3d Endoscopic cyclo photocoagulation
Endoscopic cyclo photocoagulation (Endoscopic cyclo photocoagulation)
ECP is the safest Sutureless procedure.In this procedure the secretory cells of the ciliary epithelium ( Ciliary processes) are ablated using laser energy controlled under direct endoscopic observation, to reduce the production of aqueous humor and lower intraocular pressure without causing excessive damage to uveal tissue or sclera and with minimal to no inflammation.Laser endoscopy permits us to visualize and photocoagulate the ciliary processes in almost every eye, even those with corneal opacification, miotic pupils, or a history of glaucoma surgery,Failed PK glaucoma graft. failed trabeculectomy or tube shunts It offers excellent flexibility.It can be combined with cataract surgery , Corneal grafting,retinal surgery in a patient who has mild-to-high glaucoma, or it can be coupled with angle-based procedures. It can be done easily in poor candidates for filtering surgery or drainage devices due to scarred conjunctivae or a history of complicated trabeculectomy in their contralateral eye. Bleb-related contraindications , penetrating surgery include flattening of the anterior chamber, chronic choroidal detachment,hypotony, leaking or dysesthetic blebs, blebitis, endophthalmitis,expulsive hemorrhage, suprachoroidal hemorrhage, excessive astigmatism,intraocular tumors, blepharitis, a history of ocular fistulae secondary to elevated episcleral venous pressure.
Endoscopic Cyclo Photocoagulation ( Laser endoscopy assisted ) IS SAFE
1. Easy to perform only 2 to 4 minutes & sutureless.
2. Treatment is titratable
3. Procedure is repeatable
4. Valuable to patients: Combining cataract surgery withECP is more likely to decrease IOP and reduce the number of glaucoma medications needed than Cataract surgery alone.
5.Does not cause long-term complications: ECP is not associated with postoperative cystoid macular edema,hypotony, or retinal detachment
6. Preserves conjunctiva
7. Less invasive than penetrating glaucoma surgery: ECP does not cause the early or late postoperative complications that can occur with trabeculectomy and glaucoma drainage devices.
8. Provides a unique view behind the iris: ECP canreveal pathological ciliary processes, evidence of pseudoexfoliation,zonular and capsular defects, and retained lens fragments
9. Excellent IOP Controll & Patient requires fewer follow-up visits, and is associated with a lower incidence of postoperative manipulations (eg, laser suture lysis, bleb needling, injections of 5-fluorouracil).
Endoscopic ( Laser endoscopy assisted ) Cyclo Photocoagulation IS SAFE !!!!!!
Endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation can be differentiated from other inflow reducing procedures based on its histologic effect. ECP effect is only to the epithelium of the ciliary processes and spares underlying structures, especially the vasculature. Because it is applied under direct visualization , other intraocular structures are typically not included in the treatment zone.On the other hand, all other transscleral modalities of cyclodestruction incorporate all tissue in the treatment region and especially the ciliary body vasculature as the result complications are high such as intense intraocular inflammation, postoperative pain, intraocular hemorrhage, choroidal detachment, hypotony and phthisis.
With early treatment, serious loss of vision and blindness can be prevented BOOK A APPOINTMENT FOR 3- D GLAUCOMA ANALYSIS ,Diagnostic Tests done here are most accurate and sensitive for screening any Disease /problems in eye. It is also helpful in early detection & treatment of Glaucoma ( kaala Motia)/ Optic nerve disorder /Retinal blood vessels/Retinal & macula Disease.